Friday, December 16, 2011

Dear Mr. King;
            I’m a grade 10 student from Sussex regional high school from a town called, well, Sussex (New Brunswick)! I’m one of the 900 students on a mission called “Get Stephen King”! That means we want YOU, Stephen King, to come to OUR school, Sussex regional high.  Now, I know exactly what you’re thinking. “Why should I do this for such a small town?” We may be small but you know what they say small is mighty.
            Coming to our school would be the perfect opportunity to promote your books. With coming here, everyone would be curious as to what books you’ve written. Even the English teachers would probably read something by you with their classes.
Here’s another idea to ponder; it wouldn’t be hard to get the inspiration you need to write a new novel in Sussex. There are too many places to count where something dark and mysterious could happen. We have spooky pot ash mines and creepy ice caves, and old covered bridges, some of which can’t be used anymore. The last thing I will say is that coming to our school in our small town of Sussex would truly inspire all of us. It would help us to see our true potential. We know about the famous Stephen King but in our town, much less, school could inspire our students to see what they can do if they really set their minds to it.
So, Stevie, can I call you that?! You should be able to see that its not you doing us a favour, but the other way around for us letting you come! You get the chance to inspire us as students, you get amazing ideas for your novels, and you promote your books all the while! I know if I were in your position, I’d jump on the opportunity to come to Sussex regional high school.
Sincerely Yours,
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment