Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dear Stephen King,

I'm going to be honest with you, I had never heard of you before my school started trying to get you to come visit us.  Nevertheless, I've always wanted to ask a famous author who they got to there they are.  This type of thing doesn't just happen overnight?  I always assumed that being a writer is something you know you want to do since you were young, but is that true?  Or is it more of a hobby that turns into a job?

In addition to my other questions, what would you suggest is a good way to start if you want to be an author?  I haven't decided what I want to do when I'm older and I was wondering if writing is the right path for me. I do enjoy writing a lot and personally I think I might have some potential but I'm not sure how to start or how hard of a life it is.

I would love if you could come and visit our school and answer my questions.  it would mean so much for someone to come and help me decided on my future. Also I know there is some very big fans here that would love to meet you.  If you could set aside some of your time for our school I know it would be be much appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment