Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dear Stephen King,
I am writing to you in hopes of persuading you to visit our school, Sussex Regional High School.  I’m sure you have already read many letters asking for the same privilege and are ready to change your mailing address, I would be.
Out of honesty: I have only seen one of your movies and never cracked open one of your books, (neither books nor film greatly interest me) but I read your short story “The Women in the Waiting Room”.  I envy your imagination and enjoy your writing style.  As well, I enjoyed your references to Salvador Dali’s painting as I enjoy his work. 
Lastly, I would like to say that the Green Mile is one of my favourite movies I have ever seen. It is an intriguing story of the blessings and curses and the cruelty of human kind.  As long as I live that movie will stick in my mind. 
Anyway, I guess I should sign off with the point of this letter, the school of SRHS would like to invite you to our school.  I understand you are busy but the school would greatly appreciate your appearance.
Thank you
Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment