Monday, April 16, 2012

Dear Mr. King,
Small towns and big dreams, that was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard our school was trying to invite you, Stephen King himself to a place like Sussex.  But my perseverance took over and here you find me, sending a letter to one of the most beloved authors of our generation asking him to place have a visit to Sussex Regional High School.
It would be an honour to have a great creator of art such as yourself in our small town. Although I have not read any of your book, I have been several of your movies, including the Green Mile, which was brilliant beyond imagination. I am also very aware of your talents as an author and have certainly noticed your popularity around out school.
I’ve learned over the years that you have grown up and lived in a small town like Sussex, so I think a trip across the border would be a fun, productive and beneficial trip not just for you, but for the students of Sussex Regional High School who have been asking for your appearance here.  We’ve had book drives and received over 60 of your book in our school library, but that can hardly compare to having you, Stephen King himself in Sussex.
The students of Sussex Regional High and I thank you dearly for taking the time to read our numerous letters and we ask that you please accept our request for you to come visit our great school here in Sussex, New Brunswick, Canada
Sincerely,
Keegan

No comments:

Post a Comment